[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:36:06 +0100

Hi, this is why attempts to unify the code are currently restricted to
English. Each alphabet and language being different, the signs required are
different, so you simply have to have a different system. If UEB gets
established, that at least means only one system for interfacing with
foreign languages in the future, and from there attempts to make
international transitions and learning could well be on the agenda. It is to
be hoped that there will very soon be a climate where braille users can
raise these kinds of issue for consideration, even if there isn't the
resource to fix it yet. If users raise their issues in the future, hopefully
priorities will reflect, as much as possible, user needs.

Cheers
Dave