[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:41:09 -0400

I would think battery life might be a problem. Further in the third world electricity itself is problematic. If hard copy Braille titles are shrunken any further this will unnecessarily adversely effect those living with less than optimum access to electricity, or optimum access to the ability to expeditiously repair the advanced technology available to read what we who are more fortunate have access to. When Braille was exclusively written in hard copy all blind who could acquire the titles were able to read what was available regardless their ability to access other resources such as batteries or electricity. Also, whether or not the person were deaf made no difference because the medium with one read was exclusively Braille rather than audio. It seems to me we are trying to further penalize those blind who are not as affluent as are we. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>