[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:25:20 +0100

Dave says  about access to information.

"But as more people get electronic Braille equipment having worked or
 studied, they then have access to all this. Why not do an OU
 course and get   yourself some equipment?"

We are not  talking  about me, Dave, we are  talking about *anyone* that  is
not  able to cope with reading on Braille display for  long  periods of
time.

I Suggest  most people on this list to relax during an evening, will either
listen to music,  listen to  a talking book, or listen to the TV or listen
to emails, internet.  Most will not be  reading few hours on a Braille
display,  and I  suggest even you, don't do it.
So  I think there is  lack of understanding on your part what it's truly
like to be tired to  Braille displays few  hours on ene, daily, 7  days a
week.

So yes,  hardcopy is far  more  relaxing, just as  I expect *listening*  to
a book  is also more  relaxing  than using a Braille  display.

Now you  will  be please to know I am away from tomorrow, for a nice break
on the Isle  Of Man,  and no, i won't have a braille  display with me,
I want to relax.  So I have sent  over lot of library books and hard  coy
magazines  I had  managed to save.

Bye bye  Dave, enjoy your braille display.

Regards,     Derek