[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:56:29 +0100

angel says

"If more of us   blind were  deaf as well perspectives would change."

You  may well be right.
It's like  in the sighted world,  very offten sighted people have a lack
of  understanding of  blind issues, and so the result is blind people have
to argue for their rights.

"I would find it an unpleasant  experience having to read for long periods
a Braille display."

That's  my point exactly.
It's  very very  tirng, using a braille display for along period of time.
I wonder if it  compars to a sighted peroson using  reading on a laptop
screen, for 3  or so hours. In that case it would be  stressful on eye
sight, or   back  etc.

In the case of a braille  display it's  hard going  on the hands, fingers,
arms, and back, and neck.

But when one reads a braille  book, it's so much more  relaxing to be able
lean  back, on  arm chair, or even relax in bed.

Regards, Derek