[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:49:31 +0100

Hi, actually, on modern notetakers, the navigation is as good as on a PC,
especially if you're using html. Where notetakers do have a serious problem,
as indeed do braille translators, with is with multi-language work. I
suspect the way to go there is a laptop with one of the modern thin
displays. I'm no expert on Jaws Braille support, but I guess if it can
switch languages in speech, it can do it in braille too, or, obviously, good
old fashionned hard copy. I'm not suggesting, and even less advocating the
end of traditional delivered books, just forecasting their decline.

Modern document types do allow for language switching though so the PC route
is one way there. I do agree that is less convenient unless one has a tiny
bluetooth braille display!

Cheers
Dave