[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:12:20 +0100

 Iain  said

"There will be many Braille  readers who will only vote against the change
in the mistaken  beleif that it  will be difficult to adapt."

So are you saying  sighted people  teachers, and  Braille producers
know best?

"If we want more Braille, then shurely Braille
 producers must have some say"

The name of the  game for the  producers, is "profits"

And even  now, RNIB  has put up its prices  for magazines,
and if you  take close look they are not  producing as much Braille  per
page, as they  could do. see the big space under the last braille
line. In otyher words  mor lines  per page is possible.
And while I am on this  subject of costs,  its a waste of money
having  the fancy  covers  on RNIB  magazines.
Regards,   Derek