[access-uk] Re: what is accessible? was Re: Accessible Podcaster

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 16:38:40 +0100

I would like to be able to recommend JAWS basic Training to people, but it isn't long or detailed enough. Now it's all scripted and designed to show off the Daisy format with text synchronisation, which is a complete irrelevance to many people around the world, and not very user friendly. Perhaps this is why so many people are put off and either dive straight in or think they've failed and decide they need face-to-face training. When I first got JAWS 3.0 listening to the tutorial was like sitting down and having a cup of tea with Eric Damery while he explained it all to you. Now we have 'learning modules', whatever they are. I'm glad I learned the basics in 1998.

James