[access-uk] Re: verified by Visa and online purchases

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:04:23 -0000

Alexander -

It doesn't sound as if the transaction was successful, and therefore I
imagine you will not have been charged. If you are buying online software,
then as soon as the transaction has been successfull, which is almost
immediate, then like you expected, you should have received an
acknowledgment email with the link to the download, or if not that, then the
website you are buying from would have made it clear what you needed to do
after paying by credit card. My experience pretty much in every case, is
that you get an acknowledgment email giving details of the transaction.

You can register at the verify by visa website.

Try not to worry too much, if some how you do finish up paying twice, or
being charged twice because of making an error when buying, I thinnk you'll
find that most [certainly genuine] web businesses are contactable, and will
put right any errors. -

Andy