[access-uk] Re: usb wireless cards

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:52:08 -0000

I have a USB I'm using on a laptop at the moment.

I'd recommend not using USB for WIFI cards though. It's cheaping out and
whilst USB supports the speeds there's alot of overhead.

WIFI is not the most reliable for large data transfers at the best of times
and USB adds to the strain.

By all means grab a USB and test it out.  Depending on what your network
will be doing it might be fine.
Dj paddy