[access-uk] Re: unwelcome programmes

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:52:35 +0100

Ray,

Yes, it is indeed MBS, with it's offensive associates. It doesn't appear to have complete control of my browser, but I'm still unhappy that it has installed itself. I will take a look at the you and yours web page and see if I can get anymore information on how to remove it.

Thanks and kind regards

Colin

Colin Fowler

Disability Consultant

Tel: 01582 483 283

Text/mobile: 07901 573 570

E mail:

col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.social-model.org.uk

disability@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Colin Fowler

Hello,

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Somehow, without
authorisation or acceptance from me, a application called My Bill has
installed itself into my start up and placed a short cut on my
desktop.

It would appear that it is a bill collection scam by an outfit calling
itself Micro Bill Systems Ltd, based in Leeds.

They collect monies on behalf of web sites; mostly the unsavoury and
non christian types.

There claim is that I accepted the terms and conditions of a pop up
and subscribed to a site for a sum of £39.95, and because I did not
cancel the subscription within three days I am liable.

I have reported it to my local police and the trading standards offic,
as this practise is wholly unsolicitated, and what is more I was away
from my computer for a week during the time in which they claim the
acceptance was agreed.

My question is, how do I remove this application from my PC as I don't
seem to be able to locate an uninstall?
Many thanks