[access-uk] Re: tuning my guitar

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:06:00 -0000

Strangely, I think Mapler may help you.  This programme enables you to
slow music down without changing the pitch, or to change the key without
changing the speed, or to change both at once.  So:

You want to learn to play "Jeux Intertits".  You can slow the programme
down to hear all of the notes more distinctly, practice at a gentle
pace, then when you're confident with it, increase your speed.  Or, if
you are accompanying your self on a song, and you feel more comfortable
playing it in D, but haven't got a capo and the version you're learning
is in F, you can easily drop the key.  A great programme for musos
learning new material...and it's written by V I people so designed to be
totally accessible.  If you can hear when the note on your guitar is in
tune with the note on another instrument, then the pitch pipes are worth
considering.  I'm going to forward this one on to a V I guitar teacher
friend for further info.

Best,
Clive

Clive Lever
Diversity Advisor
01622 221163 (extension 7000 1163) Room 1.15, Sessions House, County
Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ.
Diversity is a strength and we will value and harness difference for the
benefit of all service users, the individual and KCC.