[access-uk] Re: transferring lots of data

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:17:35 +0100

Hi Adrian.

Are you using the new hard drive as a backup to the first and therefore needing to keep both up to date regularly or just replacing your older hard drive? If you're just replacing then I don't think there's anything quicker than connecting both drives to your laptop USB ports and using copy and paste as already suggested. However, if you're wanting to keep both in sync then try Karen's Replicator. I use this program all the time to keep my backup external hard drive up to date with changes made to my primary external hard drive. It's much faster to let Replicator find the changes and update the backup drive than copying 400GB every now and then.

Regards.

Kevin