[access-uk] Re: to the moderators

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:22:36 +0100

Hi Michael,
I think this has already been answered, but if you
look at the reply saying  "'37d ' is not a valid
duration.", you will note that it then says, "
[<num> s]"

What is probably NOT apparent using speech is that
there is a space after the number.

Your command should be:-

vacation space 37 space d

As in:

Vacation 37 d

George.

Michael
> Sent: 30 July 2004 22:06
> To: access
> Subject: [access-uk] to the moderators
>
> Hi i am trying to go no mail from monday 2nd of
august to the
> 7th of september and here is what i am putting
in the subject
> line after adding the word request in the
address.  I have
> tried 3 times and all i get is the following
answer.  Firstly
> i have put vacation 37 then i tied vacation #37
and finaly
> vacation 37d and here is what i got in reply,
which seems to
> say that what i have put in the subject box is
not valid.
> Request received for list 'access-uk' via
request address.
> >> vacation 37d
> '37d ' is not a valid duration.
[<num> s]

> Since a valid command was found in the Subject
field, your
> message body won't be checked for further
commands.

> ---
> Ecartis v1.0.0 - job execution complete.
>
> Do i have to unsubscribe to go no mail or is
there some thing
> i am missing.  I got the information on how to
go no mail
> from the list so what is going wrong.
>
> I don't have this trouble from any other list
when going no mail.

> ** Going on holiday and want to halt messages?
Send a message to:-
> ** vacation ## d
> ** where ## is the number of days followed by d
for days.
> ** For other things like digest mode, send a
message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
Subject:- faq

-- Type: application/ms-tnef