[access-uk] Re: to keith re update on the image for linux issue

Hi Keith, I have now made the lynux boot cd, although I can't test it until I've dug the old, long unused Apolo 2 out of the cupboard, as long, that is, as it still works. As far as the xp installation goes before finding Image For Windows I used to have to install from scratch, which was a pig. Building an unattended install was the best thing I ever did. It nevertheless comes way behind loading an image in the convenience stakes. If you've never made an unattended XP install cd and fancy making one I'll send you some gen on it. In my case I used NLite to edit out unnecessary rubbish, but you don't need to bother with that. Writing the winnt.sif is the main thing, and getting it right. Something I found while doing my unattended is that unless the Out Of Box and the Tour are edited out you will stop there, not get through to the desktop. As I say, in my case I got round that by editing the two offending items out, but you could always use narrator when it comes to it.

                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Barrett" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 10:01 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: to keith re update on the image for linux issue

Hi John,

Well, I suppose it now comes down to whether you
wish to learn a bit of linux or whether you can find another way
that would be less hassle for you.

I Generally only backup my own personal data and I tend to do a complete
re-install of the operating system if I get hassle.

I do need some eyes to install xp (a script would be nice) but the linux
system I am using now can be completely reinstalled using speakup.

Having said that, let me know if you persue it as I could be tempted to
backup my daughter's xp box as she messes it up every few weeks.

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 07:34:42PM +0100, john coley wrote:
Hi Keith, I've just had a further reply from Terabyte which confirms that a recovery cd made with image for linux can be used on windows systems. I've
pasted the text below.
                    John.

Hello,

Your recovery disk can use Image for Linux.

Regards,

--

David F.

TeraByte Unlimited