[access-uk] Re: to Jim re DVD recorders

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:18:18 -0000

Hi John and Jim -

For some reason this didn't reach the access-it list, even though it is in my
sent messages folder, so here again is the message I sent this morning, hope
it's of some use:

Hi Jim -

I managed to find this for you, hidden away on my laptop, hope it helps in some
way:

PANASONIC DVD DMR EX 769 INSTRUCTIONS

RECORDING A PROGRAMME:

1.       Press the function key [right of the right arrow key]

2.        Down arrow once to record.

3.        Press ok.

4.        Press ok again for new programme.

5.        Select the channel using the number keys.

6.        Doing this will then move across in to the date field; arrow right if
the date is correct, or arrow up/down for the desired date, or use the number
keys to enter the desired date dd.

7.        Now enter the start time using the 24 hour clock, when entered, we
are automatically taken across to the end time screen, so enter it.

8.        We are now in the drive screen, default is hdd, arrow down once for
DVD if required.

9.        We are now in the mode screen, default is short play, if this is the
desired mode, just arrow right, if not, arrow down to different mode, then
arrow right for next screen.

10.    This is now the sl or something screen, just leave it and arrow right.

11.    This is now the AD screen, arrow down once to auto.

12.    Now press ok.

13.    Now press the return key [the one below the function key], and we are
back at the TV screen.

PLAYING BACK A RECORDING:

1.       Press the function key [right of the right arrow key]

2.        Press the ok button.

3.        This brings up a screen of little preview windows, with the cursor on
the last recording, which will begin to play; if this is the desired programme
to listen to in full, press ok again, and it will start at the beginning of the
recording.

4.        Use the arrows keys to move back and forward through the preview
windows of recordings, pressing ok will play the recording.

5.        To delete a recording when highlighted, press the stop key first to
stop the recording, then press the delete key [directly below the number 7 key]
the prompt is "are you sure" so just arrow left once for yes, and hit ok.

6.        To leave the playback menu, press the return key [just below the
function key] to return to the TV.

STOPPING A RECORDING IN PROGRESS:

1.       Press the stop key [large square button 2 keys below the delete key]

2.        The default prompt is "are you sure" arrow left once for yes, and
press ok.

Andy