[access-uk] Re: the can I eat it app

  • From: "Brian Cairnie" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:40:30 +0100

Hi Everyone,

I've been playing with this app this afternoon, and whilst I appreciate that
the bar codes can be pretty much anywhere on the package, the app does find
them if you systematically move the phone over the product at a distance of
about 6 inches.  Although I have some sight, I can't see enough to find the
barcode on the phone screen, so I just work my way around until it makes the
pop to say it has found the bar code.  I've tried at various distances and
six inches seems to be pretty optimum.  It doesn?t matter which way up the
barcode is.

Brian Cairnie

Cragside AccessABILITY Limited

Telephone: 0844 500 7091
Fax: 0844 500 7098
DotLine 0844 500 7099

Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.cragside.com

P O Box 469, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 9JJ (Not for deliveries please)

This email and files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you are not the named recipient, or have received this in error, please
notify Cragside AccessABILITY Limited  immediately by telephone and delete
this email: do not disclose the contents to any other person or copy or
store the contents.  Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken,
Cragside AccessABILITY Limited cannot accept liability for any damage which
you sustain as a result of software viruses that may be contained in or
attached to this email.

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT... THINK GREEN