[access-uk] Re: the can I eat it app

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:39:48 +0100

Hi exactly just the same hear I do not know where the bar code is as well. good idea though but someone who can see will be hear very soon. will check it out again. At 12:16 06/06/2011, you wrote:

John, Funny you sent this today as I've just sent the below to the BCAB list. Apologies if people see it twice.

Hi, Has anyone else tried to use this App. I've had very little success with it, well actually no success whatsoever.

I should say 2 things at the outset. 1 I've only had my IPhone for 2 days now so am still learning how to use it correctly and 2, I am totally blind.

Although the app itself is perfectly accessible, I've been able to set up my dietary requirements in the settings, I can't get it to successfully scan any barcodes.

I double tap the scan now button and nothing appears to happen. I can't hear any whirring. Although the scan now button does change to stop scanning.

I've tried scanning a can of baked beans and a jar of chutney. Obviously as I'm a total I don't know precisely where the bar code is so I've been moving the product around during scanning. But as I've said I don't get any information at all.

Any ideas?
Yusuf
If you have nothing better to do, why not take a look at my blog
http://yusufaosman.wordpress.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gallagher" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>