[access-uk] Re: thanks wasRE: Re: anti virus and firewall solutions, any suggestions?

  • From: "m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:55:31 -0500

sorry Andrew, but I already completed the refund process, thanks for the
offer!

From: Andrew Hodgson andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:07:36 -0000
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
solutions, any suggestions?

Hi,

What problems have you had on the Norton shop?  I have a laptop with
Norton on it, and whilst I don't want it on my desktops, I have upgraded
to 2006 on the laptop, because 2005 was already installed, and I wanted
to see how 2006 worked etc.  I found the upgrade process quite easy to
do, though as I say wouldn't want it on my machine.

For the desktop antivirus I tend to use Sophos, but it is better for
networks.  The current favourites are AVG and Nod32 - I tend to use AVG
still on machines I build because it is free, though I am quite
impressed with Nod32.

I have given someone a package of Zone Allarm with antivirus and
everything included, but I didn't find it that accessible.  I tend not
to use a personal firewall, since I have a hardware firewall on my
network which does all the blocking, but other than Sygate and Zone
Alarm, another one to try is Outpost from http://www.agnitum.com

Andrew.

From: Sandra Henshall oceania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 07:48:27 -0000
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: anti virus and firewall solutions, any
suggestions?

Hi Martin,
As you've probably gathered from previous messages, I use Nod32
anti-virus
which, once you've turned off the graphics, which you can do during
installation if you choose the expert install, is 100 per cent
accessible
with Window-Eyes so I don't see why it shouldn't be with Jaws.  My
firewall
is the free version of Sygate.  The two seem to get along fine and I've
had
no problems with either.

Cheers,
Sandra.