[access-uk] Re: telephoning overseas mobiles

  • From: "alex thynne" <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:17:57 +0100

thanks Steve

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Stephen Green
Sent: 19 June 2008 01:41
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: telephoning overseas mobiles

Currently, my Wife is trapped in a mountain village in Slovakia where there
are no public telephones and her mobile is not registered for operation
abroad, so I've been looking into the best way of avoiding this problem in
the future.

I telephoned our local independant mobile phone shop who have told me that
she can purchase a new SIM card for pay as you go that costs 4 pence per
minute to phone a British land line and 15 pence a minute  to phone a mobile
back here in the UK.

Calls to it cost the standard charge your local service charges, which is
for me, 16 pence a minute, with no extra charges levied on her mobile.

The card costs 20 pounds and comes with 20 pounds of credit ready installed.
So when she goes abroad again she'll change over the card in her mobile for
the duration, although I think she may make the swap permanent as calls
within the Uk are only 15 pence per minute against the present cost of 35
pence per minute with O2.

If this sounds at all useful to you maybe you could pop down to your own
indepentant mobile phone shop to check this out, particularly as  the card
works in dozens of countries including Egypt, where she's due to visit next
year.

I don't guarantee the details I've given in this email, but my Wife will
certainly be checking it out next week. Sorry I also don't have a name for
the card other than the salesman mumbled the word "lebarro".

HTH

Steve Green