[access-uk] Re: talking books

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:39:37 +0100

If you are talking about Calibre, I've been talking to them about
getting their books onto my "Internet Radio for the Blind" product for
a while now, as well as finding a way of letting talking newspapers
distribute them with their memory sticks.

However, it's very complex - there's a LOT of copyright issues to
overcome. The last conversation I had with them a couple of months
ago, there were no immediate plans, but of course this situation may
have changed. Best to ask them direct.

PS - there's a Calibre mailing list, if you're interested:
CALIBREBooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 12 June 2010 10:23, william lomas <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>        Hi all,
>

> Does anybody know when we will be able to download our talking books?
> All I do is transfer them from the CD to my booksense anyways so it easier if
> I just download, why they are taking so long is beyond me

Providing support to Britain's 500 talking newspaper services
http://www.talking-newspapers.co.uk/