[access-uk] Re: tagging mp3 files

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:25:14 +0100

I use a program called Audigen for cataloguing my music collection and it could easily do this by searching the database for a genre of "classics" and then selecting the resulting list and changing the genre to "classical".

Having said that, you could also do in windows media player. You could create an auto playlist where the genre is one value and then select all of the resulting tracks for that playlist and use the auto tag update to change all of the tags at once. Same applies for ITunes by creating a smart playlist based on the genre value and then selecting all and using control + I to do a bulk update.

MP3Tag is a very powerful tag editor and could certainly do the bulk tag update. I haven't used it for a while though and so I'm not sure if you can easily select a bunch of specific files to change as in the examples above.

Regards.

Kevin Lloyd