[access-uk] synthetic voices for r n i b books

  • From: "Hazel & Kim Darvell" <darvell1181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access u k" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:54:00 -0000

To all book worms
Today I was looking on the talking book site and found some books I was going
to order that was until I found that they were read by synthetic voices.
Now while I don't mind these for phones and computers I couldn't stand them for
long term listening.
I spoke to the library service and was told they had recorded a trial to see
what peoples comments were.
They are waiting for others to give their comments.
I have told them I will wait until they get someone human to read books.
I can think of nothing more boring than lying in bed with a cup of coffee and
trying to
Time to go forth with comments folks.
Take care
Hazelconcentrate on the voice.