[access-uk] Re: surely not?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:27:03 +0100

Hmm, thanks Douglas. The thing is, as I'm at university I need to be
more security conscious when using my laptop. For example, when I've
finished with it, I was advised to put it away in a drawer so that
possible prying eyes can't see that I have hundreds of pounds of
equipment in my room. However, thanks anyway.
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:41:09 +0100, "Douglas Harrison"
<harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Christopher, I have been using this Satellite Pro A10 for over two years.
>  I was given similar
> advice initially and tried to let it fully discharge at regular intervals
> and then fully recharge.
> Nevertheless the period for which it can be operated on battery power
> slowly decreased
> during the first year and is now only 5 - 10 minutes, which means that I
> seldom use it except
> on AC power, which rather defeats the object of having a lap top anyway.
>  I will probably
> get a new lap top in the not too distant future but I am uncertain what
> to do to avoid a
> repetition of the present situation.
>

> Douglas
>   .
>
> On 2 Oct 2006 at 17:33, Christopher Hallsworth wrote:
>
> > I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A100, and what I do is that I let it do a
> > complete charge/discharge so that the battery life can be preserved. Is
> > this OK, as I was told to do this from the Toshiba user manual. Thanks for
> > any help.
>
> --
>
> Douglas Harrison

  Christopher Hallsworth