[access-uk] Re: strange email sedning problem with my desk top

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:39:42 +0000

I had a similar problem sending mail through my Fastmail account through
my e-mail programme. What I tried is changing the default SMTP port from
25 to 26, and it works. So here might be the problem. Your ISP might be
blocking the default SMTP port. If you change it from the default to
something like 26 you may be able to send mail again. Hope this helps.
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:37:52 -0000, "Ray's Home"
<rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi, I have a similar problem here, which I've never cracked.  So anyone
> who can say why one
> might not be able to send mail on an account while receiving it via
> Plusnet - or maybe any
> other provider - then I also would like to know the answer.
>
> Negotiating the complexities of Plusnet's helpsystem can be daunting.  I
> don't much want to
> spend extra money on tech support either, if I can avoid it.
>
> From Ray
> I can be contacted off-list at:
> mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

Christopher Hallsworth