[access-uk] Re: standalone scanners

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:49:24 -0000

What about the Portset Reader.
----- Original Message -----
From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 6:47 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: standalone scanners

Yes, but this depends on your existing level of aptitude with computers.
When you buy a stand-alone scanner nowadays, you are effectively paying for
a PC and a scanner, and also to have someone make it look like it's not a PC
and a scanner, so no wonder it's expensive.  Kurzweil and FS have done their
best to emulate the older reading solutions on the PC, but at the end of the
day it's still a computer and there really isn't much getting away from it.

James