[access-uk] Re: speach to text program for symbian

Hi,

Dragon NaturallySpeaking is not free but you can get the home edition for
around £60 or so if you shop around.  Note however that this would not give
you the ability to transcribe from audio recordings and for this you would
need the premium or professional version which could cost upwards of £350.

I have used the audio transcription feature with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
and whereas it does work it does need time spent creating the correct
profile for the speaker's voice.  If you have multiple speakers at a lecture
the program will struggle and even more so if there is background noise.

I don't know of any Symbian based solution that can do this.  also, I don't
know of other mainstream software for this, although doubtless there may be
some bespoke solutions that come with dedicated transcription units, but no
doubt they'll cost you half your life savings as well!

Sorry I can't be of more help.  If you need more info on Dragon let me know
as I use this daily due to a condition with my fingers which makes typing
very difficult at times.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,