[access-uk] Re: sound cards?

  • From: "Ernie, the fastest guidedog in the west" <jan112009@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 11:57:41 +0100

Hi Billy,
Here is a little heads up on how to change the speakers in the manner I
think you want.
I believe You want your music to come out of your hi-fi system in one end of
the room, and your jaws to come out of your computer speakers? Here is a
good idea of where to look and what to check. I think it will lead you down
the right road.
Start by opening Windows Media Player. Now hit alt plus T to bring down
tools. Now select Options.
Select the devices tab .
Now move to properties.
You should see a link of button that reads...
Look for devices on the web button
Keep going and next is a list view and you will find speakers within this
list.
Highlight Speakers.
Now Go into Properties, once there, go into Advanced and you will find   a
list of perhaps  speaker 1 and speaker 2.
You move up and down between these two sets of speakers using the up and
down arrow keys.
Select one of the two and then tab  once to the configure button.
Within this configure window you can check your speaker system and also set
one or the other as default.
You should be able to determine which one you want as default just by the
sounds.

I think you can easily take it from here, Billy.
Good luck.
Peter Logue

From here you can