[access-uk] Re: small, light computers

  • From: "Christine Weetman" <goatmum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:28:57 +0100

Yes, there are such things, but be very careful in what you purchase.

We bought a small note book for our son which is running windows 7 which would have been fine for me to install a speech screenreader onto, he doesn't need one, he's a student who also required a lighter weight laptop to carry back and forth from university.

I thought this was a good idea and bought myself an even smaller one, a Net Book--the problem is it is only running windows C E and I have been unable to find a speech screenreader to use with the tiny machine, so by very careful what you buy has an operating system you can use speech with.

If anyone does know of something that will run with C E then I would be most grateful to hear from you at:

goatmum@xxxxxxx

and most delighted to be able to use my new purchase of the smallest laptop on this planet!

Best of luck, from Christine W.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Locke" <gerald.locke@xxxxxxxxxx>