[access-uk] Re: sky internet

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:11:35 -0000

Husna,

Nope, there's no catches. The sky package is in my opinion, one of the best available. It does depend though on which one you go for as to what sort of speed and download cap you receive and what your call charges are. There is a basic tv package which is less than £20 which you can pay an extra £5 for the phone which will give you unlimited 24-7 landline free calls, up to 60 mins I believe per call. They do not have to be to sky users. There is also a free phone package which gives you free calls evening and weekend. Broadband comes in 4 different types. These start with a free one which gives you 2 meg speed and either one or 2 gig cap per month. Next is the £5 per month which is up to 8 meg depending on your line and 40 gig cap. They go up fromn there though I'm not quite sure on the specifications.

One thing I would say though is that the sky mail system takes a little sorting out. I'm sure others here on the list could now help, myself included, but there are some server settings which are somewhat different to the norm which must be changed in order for your mail program to download your sky mail. It also has to be enabled through your sky account settings on the sky.com website. Also, tech support from sky is pretty dire also.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>