[access-uk] shopping of the future

  • From: "Hazel & Kim Darvell" <darvell1181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access u k" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:20:59 +0100

Hi all
We all do our shopping either on line or in store, and many do both, but I have
heard a lot of talk about these self service tills in supermarkets.
I haven't come across them yet and dread the day we do, there are already these
tills soley used in shops in larger towns.
Our local Morrisons are about to install them .
One would expect that under the D D A there will have to be a so called human
to help us poor mortals through the drudge of shopping because I cannot quite
see them putting a talking scanner just for us though this should be fairly
easy .
Hope this is a issue we can talk about on this list as this is certainly a
access issue .
Hazel