[access-uk] Re: sending Email to multiple contacts

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:28:04 +0100

Hi David
 You said
"an alternative to putting everybodies address in the
 to field, which has the undesirable effect of
 distributing everyone's email address far and wide is
 to but all the addresses in the bcc field, and send to
 message to oneself (a message has to be sent to  someone)."

I think it depends which email sending software used.

If using outlook (and I assume same for outlook express)
There is no need  to have anything on the to line.
So everything can be on the bc line.
Easy way to test this,  send  an email to yourself,  but use the  bc  line
the email will arrive just fine.

Regards,  Derek