[access-uk] Re: selling jaws

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:00:11 +0100

I have my NVDA set to use screen layout. you can always use the letter K to go from link to link ----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:38 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: selling jaws

Agreed. NVDA is to the point now where the commercials could only be used for advanced tasks like proprietary applications. What I will say though is NVDA by default represents web pages as they appear on screen. This could confuse new users. No fear; this can be configured in virtual buffer settings. There is a check box, "use screen layout when supported". If this is unchecked, NVDA represents web pages just as if a commercial screen reader was used. I think this is what putting prospective users off because the commercials represent web pages linear by default. I tried to suggest the developers to have this option disabled by default, but no dice. But to each their own. Some will like it, others won't.

Chris Hallsworth
Sent from Thunderbird

On 12/07/2011 11:33, Peter Beasley wrote:
I disagree about the internet. I use Firefox with NVDAand have
absolutely no problems.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Saqib" <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>