[access-uk] Re: selling a jaws license

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:19:59 +0100

Hi Will

No, definitely not, that's illegal and I don't subscribe to that method, nor
is it what I would even suggest a person does.  But it does encourage your
school of thought, which is why I think it shouldn't be so steep.  Whatever
happened to loyalty?  I've been a JAWS user, just using that software as it
was first raised, since 1999, when I first purchased 3.2.  Imagine, over the
years, the money it has cost me to upgrade with SMAs and the like.  Then,
because I might want to consider selling it onto someone else - which I
don't but an using the example - I'm asked to fork out £75, plus the cost of
upgrading to the latest version if I'm a version behind.

You aren't rewarded for your loyalty to sticking with that software, and it
encourages piracy or what you've suggested.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns