[access-uk] Re: selling a jaws license

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:04:18 +0100

Hi Jim

You don't really want me to answer that, being a cynic myself in that regard
do you? (smile).  It seems absolutely appalling to me that a company, no
matter who it is, can charge you £75 to transfer the ownership of a licence
just because you are doing the legitimate thing and keeping it above board.
It's an utter disgrace, and it makes me angry, not just cynical.  I'm never
one to expect something for nothing, but 75 quid for an Email or some
alteration to a few details on a database?  Come off it! And as for buying
the latest version to do it, that's even worse if it's true, I didn't know
that, which makes me even more angry.

Sorry, but sometimes you just have to vent your spleen at what is pure
greed!

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns