[access-uk] Re: scanning hand written pages question

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:20:53 +0100

Austin, You will need to put the scanned immages through an OCR engine like Kurzweil 1000 in order to read the text. However, results are generally poor on handwriting so you may well have to get a sighted person to simply read the pages to you.

Yusuf
If you have nothing better to do, why not take a look at my blog
http://yusufaosman.wordpress.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "austin pinto" <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx> To: "accessindia" <accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Voice Vision." <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "access uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 4:52 PM
Subject: [access-uk] scanning hand written pages question

hi all my friend has send me images of handwrittne scanned notes i
have the following questions
1 can i convert the images into pdf file and read with adobi reader
will jaws read it?
Or can i coppy the text from the image to ms word document
or if i cannot do anything of the 2 questions how can i read the text

--
austin pinto
email austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx

join me on google +