[access-uk] re computer building posting

  • From: Mohammed Adeel <licenced2chill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 16:18:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi John,

I’m asking on this list cos I thought it was a technology related list and I am
asking for help to access computer kit. I know blind computer builders use this
list and they may have had a similar experience in the past.

I’ve changed RAM / optical / hard drives in the past but not a full motherboard
so no I don’t know much about PSU’s but I’m not planning to pry one open, and
also the pins for connecting the front panel cables are quite hard to feel and
match up.
The motherboard itself came fully assembled / tested (Biostar a880g+) + AMD
Phenom 965 CPU and 4gb DDR3 RAM.
I was hoping to save some money by not having to purchase a new case and PSU.

I’ve plugged in all the power cables and hard drive to the motherboard inc
power cable to the motherboard and CPu. The only things I think it could be is
most likely the PSU as I’ve double checked all the other cables and RAM to make
sure they are fitted snugley.