[access-uk] Re: re audible

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:46:37 -0000

Brian,

        Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but you don't need a
subscription. You can go to the site and by a book, just as you would go to
any other site to buy a product.

        If you're an avid reader, then the subscriptions really work well,
as you often get books for much less than their advertised price. For
example, I pay about £15 per month and get two book credits. Most books use
a single credit, so I often find I've bought a couple of books, each worth
say £20 for the price of my monthly subscription. The downside to a
subscription is that if you don't use your credits for a given month, you
lose them when the next month's credits clock up.

        Once you've bought a book, it is held in your online library. You
can go online and listen as often as you like, download the books as often
as you like and once you've downloaded them, you can still listen as often
as you like.

HTH,
Léonie.