[access-uk] Re: question about anit virus software

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:14:33 +0100

Hi.

If you’ve installed Security Essentials then Windows Defender is automatically
disabled as SE contains all the features of Defender plus Virus detection and
removal.  I would however continue to use Malware bytes as this has a more
robust engine for removing malware and spyware and is updated more regularly,
sometimes as often as 3 or 4 times in a day.

All the best, Ibrahim.