[access-uk] Re: preparing for clean installation of XP

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:34:45 -0000

Hi Andy,

In addition to what people have said, you can remove the activation license
code from your computer before formatting. To do this, open the Start menu
and go to the JAWS program group. Then, open the Tools submenu and choose
Remove Product Activation.

The other thing, you said,

"I've been looking
through my installed programmes, and I've got several programme files
I have backed up".

If I may ask, why did you pack up files from the (C:\Program Files\)
directory? How are you going to use these files after the new XP
installation? My understanding that these files are used by the operating
system for the installed programs to function, and you shouldn't, generally,
mess up with them. They will be freshly created when you reinstall your
programs after the reinstallation of XP. I've never had to pack up any of
these files before formatting my hard drive. Unless you want to back up your
Jaws Bookmarks - you can do that using the Jaws Settings Packager utility as
well.

My two pence worth!

Cheers,
Amro