[access-uk] Re: plusnet webb mail

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:14:11 -0000

Hi Keith.

Not really an ideal solution this one but Plusnet mail is not the most
accessible.  when you login, before you go to the login button press tab
twice after you have entered your password.  You should get a dialog box
called view.  You can select simple or advanced from here.  Select simple
then tab to login and press enter.

This is still not very accessible and there is another round about way that
I prefer.

Set up an account with web2mail.

Go to:

www.web2mail.com

Create an account. this is not difficult.  then you can sign in and choose
the my email link followed by the get mail link.

You then need to specify the plus.net pop server which is mail.plus.net
You also need to input your plusnet user name (the user name, not the full
email address) and your plusnet password.

Your mail will be displayed in an accessible form including the ability to
download attachments.

You can send mail by clicking on the send mail link.  Choose whether the
message looks as though it is from your web2mail account (created when you
sign up) or your plusnet account.

Feel free to email me off list if you have anymore problems.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page

Mobile: 07753 607980