[access-uk] Re: penfriend

  • From: "Karl Proud" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:23:45 +0100

Is it just me or does it seem that some people can't wait to tear apart the
RNIB.  Up to now, I have placed an order for a product and have received a
phone call saying that their is a problem.  This happens to me loads of
times with other companies but somehow the RNIB is accused of letting me
down like they are a family friend!  I don't understand what this continuous
slagging off of the RNIB is all about.  Maybe I haven't been blind long
enough, but it's a real mystery to me why people on the list talk about them
like they are personally screwing up their lives - surely the RNIB can't
have such an important position in people's lives that a few problems with
supply should make such a difference.  It's not just the supply problems,
but the way some on this list have attacked the product for not doing
exactly what they want as if someone from the RNIB development team made it
not quite perfect on purpose.  Anyway, maybe I can't have my 'member of the
blind community' badge until i pour scorn on the RNIB - if that's the case
then I can live without it.

Cheers
Karl
From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24/07/2009 6:56 am

No, no, no.  We weren't even told there was a delay either ...  I'm so very
disappointed ...

I ordered mine, I'm pretty sure, on the 7th July.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx