[access-uk] Re: pen drives

In My Computer there is a drive called U3 followed by a letter, in my case J. Clik on this to open the U3 launchpad software and tab to settings. Open settings and cursor down down to choose either settings for the launchpad or general program settings. To stop the U3 software loading, once in U3 settings tab to auto run and select that to get to the option you need.

At 14:43 05/01/2009, you wrote:
<mailto:ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>Ibrahim

Yes, I understand now what you're saying as I do have one but don't use it for much, apart from SATOGO.

How do you stop programmes from booting when you load in the drive? (If I knew the answer to that one I might use my drive more.) Also, how do you know which programmes will and will not run on these drives?

--
Carol
<mailto:carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>Ibrahim Gucukoglu
To: <mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 7:17 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: pen drives

Hi.

Yes, that might save email you download or whatever to the pen drive, but say the machine your using isn't loaded with outlook express or you have complicated settings and preferences for your email. The point is with U3 you can run programs directly from the drive, just like you'd run them from your computer. The whole program, data files, executables etc get stored on the drive and you can use the said email on any machine you slot the pen in to. Sorry if this is a little confusing, but the best I can do is point you to <http://www.u3.com>www.u3.com if your interested in the technology.