[access-uk] Re: pen drives

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:20:54 -0000

Hi.

Standard pen drives will just provide you with storage, you might be able to
put programs on them but I've never done this.  The u3 system is specifically
designed to allow you to run a wide range of programs directly from the drive.
You insert the drive and any program you set to launch at start-up such as a
virus scanner will launch automatically, similarly with email software, you
launch that through the U3 launcher console.  If you frequently use computers
that are public or you use another person's computer or laptop, a U3 drive is a
must have as it ensures that all cashing, data and saved documents are saved on
the drive itself so you have no trace left on the used computer.

All the best, Ibrahim