[access-uk] Re: pdf to mp3

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:07:09 -0000

Think we're going with text aloud.

Thanks all.
Barry.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:35 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: pdf to mp3

Barry,

You could do this with the last few versions of Kurzweil 1000. It should
allow you to open a PDF and then in a separate process you can output it
as an audio file. I think it's limited to using the voices from the
speech engines that ship with Kurzweil.

I'm not familiar with OpenBook but I would be surprised if the release
which is coming soon wouldn't allow this as well; maybe previous
versions will do it too.

Steve