[access-uk] off topic slightly. Samsung q330 new install, windows explorer has stopped working.

Hi all

Apologies for this, but you are my last hope before I consider wiping my
newly set up laptop and starting all over again.

I purchased the pc last week, and started to install all of my normal
programmes, including, jaws 11, office 2003, windows MSE, and lots of other
utilities.

Yesterday, windows explorer just stopped working, and now I can't access any
of the folders on the pc at all.  All my programmes work as normal, but
that's it.

The laptop is running windows 7 home premium addition, and all updates,
which took several days have been applied.

So far I have ran SFC /scannow from the command prompt as the administrator,
and it fixed several errors that it found.  I ran it several times until it
was clear of errors.

I found service pack 1 for windows 7 and installed that.

I have rand a full virus check using MSE.

Needless to say, non of the above fixed windows explorer.

Apart from trying the repair/install from a dvd copy of windows 7, which I
don't have, is there anything else I can try before I take the last resort
to wiping the whole pc and starting all over again.  That fills me with
dread, as it has taken days to set the pc up to how I had my other laptop
set up with all the programmes installed.

If anyone can help, I would be eternally grateful.

Terry