[access-uk] norton firewall

  • From: "yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 13:44:39 +0100

Hi all, Is there anyone on the list who is experienced with setting up Norton firewall so that it will allow access to other PCs on a network? Currently the only way I can do this is to turn the firewall off, do what I want to do on the network and then turn it back on again.

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2004 on both my laptop and my desktop (which is the two PCs on the network). I went in to the firewall settings, advanced and then trogen where I was able to specify the IP addressis of the PCs that I wanted Norton to allow. I'm sure I've got the IP addressis correct (I got them from the statistics of my Netgeer router) but I'm still not getting access when the firewall is on.

Any ideas?
Yusuf