[access-uk] nokia N73 V Nokia 5500

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:58:28 -0000

Hi all.
I am interested in views from anyone with a Nokia 5500 or a Nokia N73 as to
which I should get.  I like the idea of the Nokia 5500 being tough.  I'm not
particularly bothered about a camera so that side of the Nokia N73 doesn't
interest me.  I quite like the idea of the music phone but not that bothered
about stereo speakers unless having stereo speakers makes the N73 significantly
louder when ringing.

Some have questioned the toughness of the N73 saying it is really quite flimsy.
 is this still the case?  if the N73 is not too flimsy, I would sacrifice some
toughness for louder ring tones.
I am not that bothered about changing SD cards that regularly either so I don't
mind the SD slot being under the battery.

I like the idea of being able to use a normal Nokia charger.  Do both phones
have the mini charger socket like on the N70?

Finally I like the idea of a hands free kit with the 5500 that allows you to
plug in normal headphones but if some of the buttons on the 5500 are fiddly and
I sacrifice that well I would rather the N73 if it is easier to use even if the
5500 is a bit more robust.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page