[access-uk] Re: new member with a question

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:02:22 +0100

Hi Nicki,
I would suggest something like the IAudio. I know that in Dublin a certain
store will supply with speech loaded. This unit behaves like a hard drive
and you make your own folders with windows explorer or Dos. When you have
all your music arranged on it you run a program in the root folder called
Voicebox. This makes the unit call out all the file names as you arrow up
and down. Have one and wouldn't be without it.
They come in 20g, 30g and 60g hard drive sizes. There are different models
but you have to be careful that the rockbox software can be put onto it.
I have an IPod as well but while this has speech as well it is very messy to
set up if you are putting on previously ripped cds or downloaded mp3s. It
makes a mess of folders, etc. If you rip cds through Itunes and put them
onto the Ipod it works fine.
Regards
Aedan.
.