[access-uk] Re: new accessible mp3 player

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:28:14 +0100

no it doesn't talk, it doesn't need to. it plays whatever files you put on to
it the difference from many players is that there is no screen so so it is
inherently easy to use with the button(s) alone.  your son is absolutely right,
it is an alternative to the Ipod shuffle. however it is better than the shuffle
because you don't need to use Itunes to put material on to it, you can just
copy and paste files in the same way as you move them around in windows.  or if
you are using audible books from the audible manager application which does
work well with screenreaders.  like the shuffle it can play files in random
order but, also like the shuffle it doesn't have to. both players quite happily
play files in logical order, in the order they are listed in your windows
folder for example, usually alphanumeric order.

it's the ipod shuffle without the inaccessible software needed to put files on
to it and at half the price.

Adrian Higginbotham

Accessibility content manager

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ