[access-uk] Re: new SD card says it's right protected?

Hi Jonathan, using windows vista, using the card for doc files and some photos. Tried both the card reader and USB connection with no luck, think it is just faulty so will bin it, thanks anyway!

alistair

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan" <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:05 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: new SD card says it's right protected?

What are you using? Windows? Mac? And which version?

How are you connecting the card? Within a device, via a USB cable? Or
with a card reader?

What are you trying to use it for? Is it in a mobile?

The thing is that micro-SD doesn't have the write-protect switch, so
it wouldn't be something physical like that.

Have you tried formatting it or scanning for errors?

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Alistair <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks, just bought a micro sd card and after a few uses it is now
reporting that it is right protected and now not even showing as a volume in the list of drives, anything I can do about this? It's only a 4GB card so no
great loss but I just wondered if there were a means to reverse the
situation, thanks!

Alistair

not certain I would have the know how to do such a thing?